Tried making argyrotypes last night for the first time and I'm already hooked on the process. This 4x5 argyrotype contact print is the second print I made during my session and the best of the three I tried. Printed using an old 1950s "photocrat" contact printer outfitted with a CF UV "black light" bulb. Exposed for 5 minutes on Moab Entrada rag paper that I tore down to size (its what I had on hand). Toned in selenium at 1:200 for a couple of minutes before fixing, but I'm not really sure if it had any real effect that I can tell due to my inexperience.
This makes me want an 8x10 camera now so I can contact print larger images. I'm sure Joanne would just love me carrying around an even bigger camera. I may look in to the "digital negative" process though, but right now my inkjet printer is on the fritz so who knows when I'll be able to get a new one.
Film:Arista EDU 200
Development Time:Stand 1hr